Great question! Below are the easy steps to get the most out of your new toy, I mean your visitor management system. Setup will take 5 minutes or less. So grab your stopwatch and let's go.
Note: These instructions assume you are running iOS 12. If you are using an older iPad, most setup steps still apply although you may find options in different places.
- Setup Wifi. As a cloud-based app, Greetly lives off of Wifi, so use the network that is strongest where the iPad will live. From the iPad's home screen. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Update iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software Updates. While you are there, toggle OFF automatic iOS updates. Otherwise the iPad may shut itself down when an important visitor arrives.
- Turn off app auto updates. This is an optional step, but we recommend it so Greetly doesn't update in the background and then close, leaving your reception area unattended. Tap Settings > iTunes and App Store > Updates.
- Mute the volume. Tap Settings > Sounds. Move Ringer and Alerts to mute. Lower on the screen toggle Keyboard Clicks to OFF.
- Setup Guided Access. Guided Access is a feature that allows you to lock the iPad into your Greetly digital receptionist app. No chance you'll find your coworkers playing Angry Birds on this device. Tap Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access. Set your passcode settings.
- Adjust keyboard settings. Setting > General > Keyboard. Turn off everything except auto-capitalization and enable key flicks.
- Display & Brightness.
- Raise the brightness towards the maximum.
- Turn Auto-Lock to Never.
- (Optional) If your lobby has "off hours", tap Night Shift and set hours for the screen to be dimmed.
- Change Privacy Settings. This important step maximizes Wifi connectivity. From the iPad's home screen tap Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > toggle Wi-Fi Networking to off.
- Turn off Bluetooth. Settings > Bluetooth > toggle to OFF.
- Install the Greetly app from the App Store.
- Tap the Greetly icon to launch the app. Grant Greetly permission to use the camera.
- Launch Guided Access by quickly tapping the iPad's home button 3 times.
- Test Greetly. Run through visit employee user flow once or twice.
- Success! Staples would be proud. That really was the Easy Button, now wasn't it?
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone friendly will provide the assistance you need.