Remember those retro stickers that people wore to identify themselves at events? Don't feel like you need to dust those off for your visitors. With Greetly's Unlimited Plan, you can print out visitor badges for your visitors upon check-in.
Setting Up Visitor Badge Printing
- --> Start by making sure you have the right equipment. Greetly works with the Brother printer model QL-820NWB and with DK-1202 labels. IMPORTANT: The sample labels shipped with the Brother printer are DK-2205. The printer will not respond unless the correct labels are used. <--
- Log into the Greetly app Admin Portal.
- Navigate to Settings > Location > Print Badges. Full set-up instructions for connecting Greetly to your name badge printer can be found on this page.
- Once you have put in your printer's IP address, save it and your badge printer is ready to go. IMPORTANT: your tablet and printer must be on the same WiFi network.
- Navigate back to Settings > Check-In Options. Choose the button(s) that you want to generate badges (typically Visit Employee). Click Edit Button Options. Make sure that you are collecting First Name and Last Name of the visitor.
- Toggle on the Print Badges option, as well as Capture Photo (optional). You can also change the message to the visitor after check-in to remind them to take their visitor badge.
- Click Publish
- Test the enabled feature on your tablet.
- Hello, my name is SUCCESS!
How to troubleshoot the printer if you are having wireless issues:
If you are having wireless issues with the printer, please try resetting the printer to factory setting.
Still need help? Click the chat box, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 1-833-GREETLY.