Your digital receptionist needs power to radiate great first impressions. Even if you keep your device plugged in 24/7, you may , yet sometimes it seems like it is draining power.
If this is your experience, the first action is to change some settings to reduce your iPad's power consumption. The changes below will have minimal impact on your visitor's registration experience:
- Reduce screen brightness. Settings > Display & Brightness. Historically we have turned this up to about 80% for Industrious locations. Let's push that down to 50%. (https://www.imore.com/how-change-your-brightness-and-volume-ios-11)
- Turn on night shift. This feature will dim the iPad further during off-hours. Settings > Display & Brightness > Night Shift > select the hours. (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207570)
- Turn off Bluetooth. Settings > Bluetooth > toggle OFF. (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208086)
- Turn off notifications. This will reduce background computing power usage. Settings > Notifications > Show Previews > Never. (https://www.imore.com/how-manage-notifications-iphone-and-ipad)
- Turn off Wifi networking. This has the double benefit of strengthening the iPad's Wifi connection. Screen Time > Continue > This is my iPad > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Toggle ON > Location Services > System Services > toggle Wi-Fi Networking to OFF.
If you are still experiencing reduce power, it might be your AC wall adapter. Tablet computers should be plugged in with a 10W or 12W charger.