To sync your visitor check-in app and Azure AD, you will need the following information.
You can easily sync your Greetly visitor management system employee directory by integrating with Microsoft's Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). This allows you to automate the process, so you can put your attention to bigger and better things.
- You must be the Azure AD Administrator in order to complete these steps.
- You must also be the Greetly account owner (account owner must match both accounts with the same email address)
- Greetly force sync's every 60 minutes
Greetly polls Azure every 15 minutes, In order for the users to sync and display under the "Users" profiles on the web admin account immediately click "Sync from Azure" in Manage Users Tab.
- If you see the names appear on the web account and not on your device, restart the iPad or Android Device.
- Tenant ID: Unique identifier of your Microsoft Azure tenant account
- Application ID: Unique identifier of the Greetly App registration
- Private Key: Key generated to secure API calls
- Group ID: Unique identifier of the user group to be synchronized for a given location
To simplify the process, we suggest you use the following worksheet as we walk you through how to gather this information, for example:
(Relevant ID) : (Paste Copied information here)
Tenant ID :
Azure Tenant ID
- Log in to your Microsoft Azure and navigate to "Azure Active Directory" > Overview
2.Copy the Tenant ID in the Overview
- Within the Azure Active Directory area, click on "App Registrations" and “+ New application registration”.
2. Populate the form using the values illustrated below and click "Register" at the bottom of the form.
3. After the application has been Registered the Application ID and Object ID can be found on the top right in the overview.
2. Click on the “Certificates & secrets” left menu and then click “New client secret”. Enter a description and a duration for the Key. Copy the VALUE as you need it for setting up the Account Settings.
3. The value of the key will appear once you click “Save”. Please note, this value will only appear once.
- Within the Azure Active Directory area, click “Groups”.
- Create a Greetly Users Group or:
3. Find the Group of users you wish to bring into the Greetly host directory and note the ID on the bottom-right corner. (View the User Group Overview)
Setup the Azure Active Directory Sync Within Greetly
Begin by logging into the Greetly web-base admin > click on Hi "[your first name] > “Account Settings” > "Directory Integration". In the drop-down select "Azure" > "Save" > once again click "Directory Integration". At this point you will populate the information in the Directory Integration form with the data collected in Azure.
- Tenant ID:
- Application ID:
- Private Key: (Secret ID copied earlier has to be pasted into this field)
On the Greetly User Interface (Back-end)
Click on > Location Setup
Then Enter the Location ID in the field (As shown Below)
(Here the Location ID is the Object ID under the newly Created User Group, visible in Azure, as shown above)
Then Click Save and You are done!
Confirm Everything is Working in Manage User
Down the home stretch we come! The last step is to make sure everything is configured correctly and to run your first step.
Navigate to “Manage Users”. If everything is configured correctly, the “Sync from Azure” button will appear.
Congrats! You are an office automation guru!