Google Chat notifications
Each user who wishes to receive notifications via Google Chat has to install the Greetly bot on their Google account.
- Go to chat.google.com, sign in with the email address you use for Greetly
- Under Bots, Click on the + button in Chat
- Type "Greetly" inside the search box
- Click Message on the Greetly bot
You should see the message "Thank you for connecting the Greetly bot!"
- Now, sign into app.greetly.com
- Go to your App Settings > Locations
- Under Notifications Preferences, enable Google Hangouts
***Please note that a Global or location admin must turn this feature on in this section in order for users (ie: employees etc.) to be able to enable Google Hangouts from their profile notifications (steps demonstrated in section 9 below)
- Click Save
- Go to your Profile Settings
- Scroll down to Notifications and enable Google Hangouts
- Click Save
- The system will generate a combination of letters and numbers in the Hangouts handle section in your profile
That's it! Your friendly bot will now keep you in the loop via Google Chat!
What to expect?
Within a few minutes after the visitor checks in you will receive a Google Chat notification from our automated system.
The message will say what is listed in your "What notification would you like to send to the employee?" for that particular check-in button.
The is an example of the Google Chat notification you will receive: