Please follow the steps below on how to use the "Returning Visitor" Feature
Did you download our latest Greetly Touchless Receptionist app and want to use our Returning Visitor" Feature?
Please follow the steps below on how to use this feature**Please note that you must be logged into your web admin account as a global admin in order to perform these steps.
- To use this feature you first need to turn it on in location settings
- Next, look for the ‘Returning Visitor and Preregistration [Beta]’ tab
- Toggle on the ‘Returning visitor expedited check-in’ and hit "Save"
Once it’s turned on, every visitor that checks into that location will receive either an email or sms message that will give them their permanent QR code
Here are a few things to know:
- The check in option needs to take either an email or phone number from the visitor so this feature can work
- If email is taken from visitor: Visitor will receive an email with an attached QR code
Thanks for visiting our workplace!
If you come again just scan the attached QR code for faster check-in.
When your visitor returns they can scan the code
- You will need to turn on the Preregistration feature (above the Returning Visitor) in order to scan the code to the camera on the device (see image above). Make sure you reload the app if you want changes you make on the web admin to show up immediately on the device.
- If phone number is taken from visitor: Visitor will receive sms message with link to view their QR code
- If both email and phone number are taken from visitor: Visitor will receive an email with an attached QR code
When the visitor goes to use this QR code to expedite their check in, they will again receive a QR code through email or phone number so they have a fresh message and don’t lose the QR code
When checking in:
- The visitor will be checked in with their most recent record from the location
- This means the same host will be notified and same check in option will be used
- If the visitor needs to get a new permanent QR code that notifies someone different, they will need to go through the normal check in process and receive a new code after successful check in.