Below are the easy steps to get the most out of your new toy, I mean your visitor management system. Setup will take 5 minutes or less. So grab your stopwatch and let's go.
Great question! Below are the easy steps to get the most out of your new toy, I mean your visitor management system. Setup will take 5 minutes or less. So grab your stopwatch and let's go.
Note: These instructions assume you are running iOS 12. If you are using an older iPad, most setup steps still apply although you may find options in different places.
- Setup Wifi . As a cloud-based app, Greetly lives off of Wifi, so use the network that is strongest where the iPad will live. From the iPad's home screen. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Update iOS . Tap Settings > General > Software Updates. While you are there, toggle OFF automatic iOS updates. Otherwise the iPad may shut itself down when an important visitor arrives.
- Turn off app auto updates . This is an optional step, but we recommend it so Greetly doesn't update in the background and then close, leaving your reception area unattended. Tap Settings > iTunes and App Store > Updates.
- Mute the volume. Tap Settings > Sounds. Move Ringer and Alerts to mute. Lower on the screen toggle Keyboard Clicks to OFF.
- Setup Guided Access . Guided Access is a feature that allows you to lock the iPad into your Greetly digital receptionist app. No chance you'll find your coworkers playing Angry Birds on this device. Tap Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access. Set your passcode settings.
- Greetly recommends always running your visitor registration app in kiosk mode. For users running Greetly on an Apple iPad, that means using the built-in Guided Access feature. This ensures your check-in app is always working smoothly.
- From the iPad's home screen, tap Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access
- Toggle Mirror Display Auto-Lock ON
- Adjust keyboard settings. Setting > General > Keyboard. Turn off everything except auto-capitalization and enable key flicks.
- Display & Brightness.
- Raise the brightness towards the maximum.
- Turn Auto-Lock to Never.
- (Optional) If your lobby has "off hours", tap Night Shift and set hours for the screen to be dimmed.
- Change Privacy Settings. This important step maximizes Wifi connectivity. From the iPad's home screen tap Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > toggle Wi-Fi Networking to off.
- Turn off Bluetooth. Settings > Bluetooth > toggle to OFF. (Skip this step if you will be using visitor badge printing over Bluetooth)
- Install the Greetly app from the App Store.
- Tap the Greetly icon to launch the app. Grant Greetly permission to use the camera.
- Launch Guided Access by quickly tapping the iPad's home button 3 times.
- Test Greetly. Run through visit employee user flow once or twice.
- Success! Staples would be proud. That really was the Easy Button, now wasn't it?
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone friendly will provide the assistance you need.